I don’t know how you found this website.
Maybe you were looking for information about lifting weights. Maybe your friend uses my app to get stronger. Or maybe they recommended my website.
Whatever the case, welcome! My name is Mehdi. I’m from Belgium. I’ve been lifting weights since 1999. I coach people, and compete as a powerlifter.
I created this website in 2007 because I was fed up with all the confusing information. Lifting weights isn’t as complicated as some make it to be…
Here you’ll find simple, effective tips to lift more weight and get stronger. Over 128 million people have visited this website since 2007. To find out more about me, read my about page.
Enjoy your stay!
These guides have helped thousands of Stronglifters change their bodies and lives. Many coaches and personal trainers have used my training programs and exercise guides for their clients.
- Stronglifts 5×5. Start with this training program if you’ve never lifted weights before, never did the main exercises, or haven’t lifted weights in a long time.
- Madcow 5×5. Switch to this program once you’re stuck/bored with Stronglifts 5×5. If you have experience lifting weights, start with this program instead of Stronglifts 5×5.
- How to Squat. Everything I wish I had known about the Squat when I started lifting 20 years ago. This guide would have saved me a lot of time, frustration and pain!
- How to Deadlift. The Deadlift is my strongest lift. But I used to hurt my lower back a lot. This guide has everything I’ve learned on how to deadlift without pain.
- How to Bench Press. The Bench has never come easy to me. Long arms, weak shoulders, it’s always been hard. This guide has all the proper form to bench more efficiently.
- How to Overhead Press. The #1 exercise people struggle to get stronger at. This is everything I know on how to improve your form so you lift more weight.
- How to Barbell Row. Simple exercise. Yet confusing to many people. One of the most popular guides on this website. Make sure you take a look.
- How to Do Pullups, and how to Do Dips. Two of the best accessory exercises you can do to gain upper-body strength and muscle mass.
Best Weight Lifting App
All thinking and planning done for you. Stop doing math between sets. Focus more on lifting. So simple and easy to use. Try it for a week, and you won’t be able to train without. +150,000 reviews worldwide, 4.9 rating.
- Download StrongLifts for iPhone
- Download StrongLifts for Android
- Knowledgebase: documentation on how to use the app.
Daily Strength Tips
Daily strength tips in your mailbox. Each day I share what I’ve learned in my 22 years of lifting. Lots of personal stories that aren’t on the website. Each email is 95% tips, 5% pitch (to buy my app).
Thousands of Stronglifters have signed up for my daily strength tips over the years. They say it keeps them motivated and focused on lifting. If I skip a day, they complain – “where is today’s email?” A busy CEO once told me he reads my email every morning, before all his work stuff. It’s that good.
If you like the website and app, you must try my daily strength tips. They’re 100% free. Just enter your email below to start receiving my daily strength tips in your mailbox today.
I won’t share your email with anyone. If you ever want to stop, you can easily unsubscribe anytime. Just click the link at the bottom of any of my emails, and you won’t hear from me again.
Before you contact me, read this website. People like you have been sending me questions since 2007. I’ve covered everything here. Don’t wait for me to get an answer. Spend an hour reading this website. You’ll get an answer to your questions right away.
If you need to contact me, signup to my daily strength tips (see above). Just reply to any of my daily emails.
If you have issues with the app, contact me from the app (settings – contact us).
I don’t use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.