High quality problems. I received so many success stories this month, that I had to put them in a separate blog post – the list was getting too long. In fact, this list isn’t even complete, I just took the ones that I liked the most.
So here are this month’s StrongLifts success stories…
- MovingTarget’s Training Log (PICS) “My numbers were plateaued and my love handles/belly were getting bigger which I found alarming. A reassessment of what I was eating by calorie counting for a couple of weeks and reading the articles here on nutrition gave me a slap upside my head.”
- Just completed Week 12 of SL5x5 “...And it feels great. I can’t believe how much progress I’ve in the last three months. I have no idea what my body fat is (can’t find any calculation that seems accurate), and my weight doesn’t seem to have changed much, but I’m definitely feeling better about how I look.”
- Real Gains with SL 5×5 (PICS) “I started mid January and ended my 5×5 mid April. My results: Squat 5×5 225lbs to 5×5 270lbs. Bench Press 5×5 155 to 5×5 200lbs. Dead lift 1×5 225 to 1×3 315. Press 5×5 70lbs to 5×5 95lbs. [..] I weighed 160 lbs with about 20% body fat and now i weigh 172 lbs with about 15% body fat. [..] I feel much more confidence when I go to the gym.”
- Nikolaevich’s 5 year Progress (PICS). Check also Killerdude494949’s 2 years progress here and Cleave’s 80lbs weight loss here.
- Surprise Gains “here I am now, a solid 15 pounds heavier after 6 months of training. My waist is still the same size, so my size 31/32 jeans fit loose around the waist, although the legs have tightened up quite a bit so I need to buy loose fit jeans. My shirts have all gotten tighter and I’m much thicker than before.”
- 4 Months in SL5x5 (PICS) “Went down from 220 to 200 lbs in 4 months and gained muscle finally [..] I have the results Im happy with, I started SL to get rid of my damn man boobs and I think they are finally going away, my abs and traps are starting to show up too”
- Real Results “By my calculations, I’ve lost 13lbs of body fat while remaining close to the same weight. I can see the difference and it’s awesome. I’m eating better, feel great and results like this just keep the motivation going. I’ve dropped the drinking (this is a good thing!), now to quit smoking.”
- Cholesterol Levels on Stronglifts “At first glance, I was disappointed looking at total cholesterol as it was basically unchanged. Add to that, my LDL increased to an elevated level (above 130). But then I noticed my triglycerides decreased from 146 to 53. I did some research as I did not know the overall effect of triglycerides. What I found was that there is a strong correlation to heart disease with a high triglyceride/HDL ratio. A ratio under 2 is considered low risk. My triglyceride/HDL ratio in 2007 was 3.4. Today it is 1.06. This is a very significant change and is nowhere noted by my doctor.”
Got a Success Story? Read this thread for more info on how to post your own success story. I’ll mention the best ones in the monthly overviews. The very best ones I might even use for a blog post like Exodus‘ story.
By the way, I’ve increased the requirements for the success stories. For one, you have to post pics. This is the Internet after all, you know nobody will believe you without pics. So post before/after pics. Hide your face to stay anonymous.
Click here to read how to post your own success story.