Breakfast recipes for fat loss. Image credit: nathanborror
A healthy breakfast is key to fat loss. By eating a healthy breakfast, you’re less likely to eat something unhealthy the rest of the day. Eating breakfast will also make you less hungry which prevents cravings.
But what should you eat for breakfast? The most common fat loss mistake is to start your day with starchy carbs like cereals or muesli or oats. While you need carbs for energy, it’s easy to overdo them and get fat.
That’s why the 8 nutrition rules advise to avoid starchy carbs at breakfast. What should you eat then? Here are the 3 simplest & quickest breakfast recipes that don’t contain starchy carbs and that will help you lose fat.
1. Omelets. High in protein, low in carbs, high in veggies. You can remove the yolk if you don’t believe dietary cholesterol doesn’t influence blood cholesterol. But realize you’re throwing away all the vitamins and half the protein.
Avoid boredom by rotating the veggies. For even more variety, add meats or cheese and learn to use spices. Here are some ideas:
- Veggies. Baby spinach, mixed peppers, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, …
- Meats. Ground round, minced beef, chicken ground/slices, tuna, bacon, …
- Cheese. Feta cheese, grated cheese like Pecorino or Parmesan, …
- Spices. Cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, sea salt, …
2. Cottage Cheese. High in protein, no carbs, zero preparation time. You might need time to get used to its taste. Quark cheese works too if you can find it. So does plain fat free yogurt although it’s lower in protein.
Avoid boredom by switching the fruits and/or nuts. And try cottage cheese with tuna so you can also add veggies like cucumber. Ideas:
- Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, cashew, peanut butter, …
- Fruit. Chopped banana, pineapple, apples, pears or berries.
- Tuna. Sounds gross, but tastes good: try tuna with cottage cheese.
3. Smoothies. Take zero time to prepare. Get a strong blender. Throw (frozen) veggies, fruits & whey in there. Mix it. Done. Some tips:
- Get cheap whey with little carbs like ON whey.
- Vary your fruits and veggies to avoid boredom.
- Check thesmoothie/shake recipe thread in the forum.
What about portion size and calories? If you stick to the 8 nutrition rules for fat loss, you can eat your stomach full without ever having to worry about this and while losing fat. Check them out.