Image credit: theshanghaieye
The man who actually knows just what he wants in life has already gone a long way toward attaining it.
Why Goals? Many people have no goals in life. They’re like zombies. Living day to day without progressing in any area of their life. Meet them 5 years later and they’re still coping with the same problems.
I meet them in night clubs getting high on drugs, wandering around aimlessly. Searching in the wilderness of life for answers. Telling me that I changed. And that they feel useless, bored & lost.
We all have desires. But unless you set goals, these desires will remain desires. You’ll never get nowhere without first knowing what you want. Many never take the time to think about what they really want.
What Do You Want? Think about it. Sit down for 2 hours & think about what you want. Take pen & paper. Analyze your desires. Clear your mind. Write it all out. Some questions to help you out:
- Strength Training. How strong would you like to get?
- Injuries. Which injuries are holding you back?
- Health. What has been working on your nerves for some time?
Example. You might have chronic lower back pain. But rather than fixing the pain, you’ve built the habit of restricting movements which hurt. This could be one of your goals: get rid of your lower back pain forever.
And your goals shouldn’t be limited to the topic of this blog.
- Business & Career. What have you always wanted to do? What position would you like to achieve?
- Finance. How much money would you like to save this year? How much money would you like to earn?
- Self-improvement. Confidence, social skills, positive thinking, etc. What is holding you back in getting what you want?
Tips for Setting Goals. Don’t think about how you’re going to get what you want. Just analyze your desires & write them down.
- Get Rid of Negativity. What is causing daily frustrations? Write it all down & set as goal to get rid of it.
- Set the Bar High. You owe it to yourself to set a high standard. Do not settle for anything that is not 100% what you want.
- Know Why. You don’t achieve goals using willpower. You achieve them using deep & strong desires. Know why you want it.
- Do It for Yourself. Revenge & social status are bad motivators. Don’t do it for other people, do it to please yourself.
Get to work.