What should you eat on the Anabolic Diet? If you're like me, you don't want to spend your life in the kitchen. The purpose of this post is to give you Anabolic Diet recipes that are simple & efficient, not fun.
You won't find any info on portion size since this depends on your body-weight & goals. Read the Anabolic Diet guide, calculate your daily caloric needs and decide on portion size based on that. Here are 21 Anabolic Diet recipes.
Breakfast. Eggs are your best breakfast choice on the Anabolic Diet: they're high in protein, fat & cholesterol. Avoid boredom by alternating the veggies: spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, ...
1. Scrambled Eggs with Bacon. Fry bacon in real butter in a pan. Break eggs into a bowl. Beat them up. Fry them with the bacon for a few minutes. Serve.
2. Scrambled Eggs with Whipping Cream. Fry butter in a pan. Break eggs in your blender and add heavy whipping cream (40% fat). Let the foam settle. Pour the mix into your pan. Serve when ready.
3. Scrambled Eggs with Chicken & Cheddar Cheese. Cut chicken breast into pieces and fry it in butter in a pan. Break eggs into a bowl. Pour them into your pan. Scramble the eggs. Add cheese. Serve when ready.
4. Coffee & Whipping Cream. 3 quarters coffee, 1 quarter whipping cream.
Snacks. Cheese & ham are the easiest snacks on the Anabolic Diet. You'll never get bored with all the varieties: Italian, Spanish, French, American, ...
5. Hard-boiled Eggs with Salt & Cumin. Hard-boil eggs. Peel them off. Dip them in seasalt and cumin. Eat up.
6. Ham & Cheese with Mayonnaise. 1 layer ham, 1 layer mayonnaise, 1 layer cheese. Repeat until you have enough.
7. Beef Jerky & Cheese with Mustard. Take 2 pieces of beef jerky and wrap them in a piece of cheese. Dip that in mustard. Eat.
8. Prosciutto with Melon. Don't go too heavy on the melon. Remember the Anabolic Diet allows max 25g carbs on your no-carb days.
9. Cheese Cubes with Mustard. Cut cheese into cubes. Spice them with pepper. Dip them in mustard with a toothpick.
Lunch/Dinner. The bulk of your diet should consist of red meat on the Anabolic Diet. Most people feel best eating steaks.
10. Steak with Broccoli & Parmesan. Boil the broccoli. Drain when tender. Take a pan & add olive oil. Add the broccoli when sizzling. Add Parmesan. Stir the mix. Pepper & salt. Serve. Meanwhile cook the steak in butter in a 2nd pan. Serve.
11. Steak with Green Beans, Onions & Bacon. Boil green beans. Cut onions into pieces. Fry them with bacon in butter in a pan. Add the green beans. Stir until ready. Cook your steak in a 2nd pan. Serve.
12. Steak with Brussels Sprouts & Onions. Boil the sprouts. Cut 1 onion into pieces and fry it in olive oil in a pan. Cut the sprouts into pieces. Add it to your pan. Salt & pepper to taste. Cook your steak in a 2nd pan. Serve.
13. Hamburgers with Spinach & Garlic. Cut garlic into pieces. Fry it with olive oil in a pan. Add spinach. Stir for 5 mins. Add pepper & salt. Serve. Meanwhile roll the ground chuck into burgers & cook them in butter in a 2nd pan.
14. Stuffed Bell Peppers with Mozzarella. Slice the top of the bell peppers. Remove the seeds. Cut slits in the bottom of each pepper and fill them with a mixture of ground round, eggs, olive oil and Mozzarella. Top with Mozzarella. Bake in oven for 40 mins. Serve.
15. Stuffed Eggplant with Parmesan. Mix meat, eggs, cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cut the eggplants into half. Hollow out to half a centimeter flesh rim. Fill the eggplant with the mixture. Back in oven for 30mins. Serve.
16. Fried Cabbage with Bacon. Take a large pan. Fry the onion & bacon in olive oil for about 5 mins. Stir in the shredded cabbage. Cook the cabbage for about 10 mins. Keep stirring. Add salt & pepper. Serve.
17. Tuna, Lettuce & Emmental. Cut the cheese into cubes. Throw it with the tuna in a big bowl. Add the lettuce, olive oil & spices. Mix everything. Serve.
18. Mackerel & Kale Salad. Mix 1 can of mackerel, kale, cubes of cheese, olive oil and spices in a big bowl. Serve.
19. Filled Chicken Breast. Slice the chicken breast horizontally in half. Take the 1st half. 1 layer spinach, 1 of cheese, 1 of bacon. Repeat. Put top piece of the chicken breast. Wrap in aluminum foil. Cook in oven.
20. Spinach Salad of Tomato & Cream Cheese. Cut 1 small onion & 1 small tomato into pieces. Put them into a baking dish with spinach, cream cheese, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt & pepper. Back in oven for 30mins. Serve.
21. Chicory with Cheddar Cheese & Ham. Put the chicory in a pan. Add water to half the height of the chicory. Add butter & salt. Cover & let simmer for 40mins. Drain the juice into a smaller pan, remove and roll each chicory heart with a slice of ham. Place them side by side in a buttered oven dish.
Boil the remaining juice and reduce by a third of its original volume. Add the cream and again reduce by a third of the volume. Remove from the heat and add two thirds of the grated cheddar. Pepper to taste.
Pour the cheese sauce over the chicory hearts. Sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese over the top. Add butter. Grill until the cheese browns. Serve.
More Anabolic Diet Recipes. Read the Anabolic Diet guide. It has an example diet for the no-carb & carb days. For more recipes, check these links:
- Official Anabolic Diet Recipe Thread. The StrongLifts.com Forum has an official thread with recipes for the Anabolic Diet. To find more recipes and share yours with other readers, click here.
- Ultimate Anabolic Diet Food List. 101 foods you can eat when you're on the Anabolic Diet. You can make dozens of variations of the above meals by using different meats, cheeses, veggies, spices, herbs, ...