- Eat Stop Eat Review: why I fast and how to mix it with StrongLifts 5×5.
- Eat Stop Eat Q/A: bunch of questions and answers about fasting.
- Eat Stop Eat ebook: special offer for StrongLifts readers.
Fasting has a negative connotation to some. Probably because there are diets which advise you to fast for days. Intermittent Fasting “” like Eat Stop Eat “” is different: you’re just taking a small 24h break from eating 1x or 2x/week.
- Don’t Believe The Myths. You won’t lose muscle, your metabolism won’t slow down, your weight loss will be fat loss not water/muscle loss and you won’t lose strength. Read the book for the research.
- Start Your Fast After Dinner. Have your last meal around 7pm. If you wake up at 7am, you’ll already be halfway your 24h fast when you get up. And you’ll sleep better by avoiding big meals prior bedtime.
- Drink Plenty of Water. An empty stomach will make you feel hungry. Fill your stomach with water. Tea & coffee (without cream/sugar) are also ok. So is diet soda although I advise against (processed food).
- Break Your Fast with Normal Size Meals. Have the same kind of meal you’d have if not fasting. So no big meals or junk food. Have a regular size meals that consists of whole unprocessed foods. And eat slow.
- Never Break Your Fast Because You’re Hungry. One goal with fasting is to build the self-discipline of dealing with hunger. Eat a regular size meal once you’ve fasted for 24h. Never before.
- Don’t Fast More Than 2x/week. Fasting 2x per week for 24h cuts your calorie intake by about 30%. Fasting more would cut calories too much and cause lack of strength/energy and/or over-eating.
- Do It for At Least 2 Months. Your first fast is the hardest since you’ll get very hungry. But it gets easier after 2-3 weeks. Count at least 2 months to fully adapt and experience all the health benefits of fasting.
Remember the only way to find out if Intermittent Fasting is something for you, is to be open-minded and try it for at least 8 weeks. That’s what I did.